Since its founding in 1866, Yale’s Peabody Museum has enjoyed worldwide acclaim for its natural history and cultural materials collections. Today, these collections are at the heart of University teaching and a resource for both researchers and wider educational outreach. Vital support is needed for all areas, with particular emphasis on exhibitions, enhancement of the quality of our educational programming, and coordination of the work of Yale College students in the collections.
The renovation and expansion of the Peabody will create:
- 50% more gallery space, including new galleries for the earth sciences, life sciences, arts and culture, and object study;
- a new K–12 Education Center, including classrooms and other teaching spaces;
- Yale student-curated exhibition space;
- a studio for digital media production;
- a new Museum Store; and
- an expanded Discovery Room.
Opportunities for donor support will be available in these additional spaces and exhibitions throughout the renovated Museum.
Now, more than ever, the Yale Peabody Museum is inspiring new generations of students, scholars, scientists, and enthusiasts of the natural world.