O.C. Marsh Evening Lecture Series

The Price of Cheap Meat

With Viveca Morris
Executive Director, Law, Ethics and Animals Program, Yale Law School


Thursday, April 30, from 6:00 to 9:00 pm


By weight, just 4% of mammals on Earth are wild. The remaining 96% are either humans or the billions of cattle, pigs, sheep, and poultry raised for our consumption. Animal factories are devastating for the climate and raise urgent questions about power, consciousness, conscience, and democracy—the costs of cheap meat are not included in the sticker price. Morris provides a brief history of the industry and will share how the Law, Ethics and Animals Program at Yale Law School is working to bring about positive change.