Host your child's birthday party at the Yale Peabody Museum for a unique and memorable experience!
275.00 Peabody Members & Yale Staff / 300.00 Non Members
We have updated and expanded our party options with four new themes- Museum Explorers, Junior Paleontologist, Daily Life in Ancient Egypt, and Rocks, Minerals, and Geodes.
All Parties Include:
- Exclusive use of a private room for two hours- one and a half hours for the party, and fifteen minutes before and after for staff assisted set up and clean up
- Two staff members to run all activities
- Paper plates, cups, napkins, forks, and table coverings
- Free all day admission for 15 children (additional children, up to 25, may be added for 10.00 per additional child)
- Shark’s teeth, excavated from a sand dig
- Guided, age appropriate activity in one of our exhibit halls
- Plenty of time for refreshments
- Electronic invitations with parking instructions
The following add on options are available with any party:
- Find a special batch of colorful tumbled stones to bring home in your own velvet drawstring bag. 3.00 per child.
- Crack a geode! A geode is a geological rock formation that contains a cavity lined with crystals. Each child will have a turn breaking open their own geode with our special geode cracker. $2.50 per child, recommended age 6 and up.
- Puzzle hunt! Children will search for hidden pieces to a dinosaur puzzle, and when it is all put together, flip it over to see the location of a treasure box with a dinosaur prize for every child! The birthday child gets to keep the puzzle as well. $2.00 per child.
- Extra special goody bags! Each bag contains a wonderful assortment of items from our Museum Store, as well as a return pass for each child. $5.00 per child. Customized for age and theme.
Parties are held on Saturdays at 10:30, 12:45, and 3:00, and on Sundays at 12:45 and 3:00, for children 4 and above, between the months of September and June. During July and August, we are not able to schedule parties due to space limitations.
Please be aware that we have a limited number of available party slots that are often completely filled one to two months in advance – book your party early!
Click here to book your party
Once we review your request, a credit card and non-refundable $50 deposit are required to hold your spot.
More Questions? See our FAQ page or send us an email at email@example.com.
- I truly appreciate how accommodating you were! Everybody loves the Peabody! I really can't thank you enough for giving my daughter the birthday party she dreamed of. She told me it was the best day of her life. - Tina R.
- The staff were UNBELIEVABLE, absolutely excellent with the kids, very lovely with us, and it was a complete pleasure to have them all at the party. - Adna P.
- We were very impressed with the party we had for my son a few weeks ago. The staff who ran the party were very professional and did an awesome job! I also recieved many compliments from the parents of his friends, who loved the party and appreciated being able to stay and see the rest of the museum with their kids. Overall, the party was fun, educational and well organized. I will definitely recommend a Peabody party to other parents! - Elizabeth R.