Host your child's birthday party at the Yale Peabody Museum for a unique and memorable experience!
We have updated and expanded our party options with four new themes- Museum Explorers, Junior Paleontologist, Daily Life in Ancient Egypt, and Rocks, Minerals, and Geodes.
All Parties Include:
- Exclusive use of a private room for two hours- one and a half hours for the party, and fifteen minutes before and after for staff assisted set up and clean up
- Two staff members to run all activities
- Paper plates, cups, napkins, forks, and table coverings
- Free all day admission for 15 children (additional children, up to 25, may be added for 10.00 per additional child)
- Shark’s teeth, excavated from a sand dig
- Guided, age appropriate activity in one of our exhibit halls
- Plenty of time for refreshments
- Electronic invitations with parking instructions
Deluxe parties provide everything above, with the following add-on options:
- Crack a geode! A geode is a geological rock formation that contains a cavity lined with crystals. Each child will have a turn breaking open their own geode with our special geode cracker. $2.00 per child, recommended age 6 and up.
- Puzzle hunt! Children will search for hidden pieces to a dinosaur puzzle, and when it is all put together, flip it over to see the location of a treasure box with a dinosaur prize for every child! The birthday child gets to keep the puzzle as well. $2.00 per child.
- Extra special goody bags! Each bag contains a wonderful assortment of items from our Museum Store, as well as a return pass for each child. $5.00 per child. Customized for age and theme.
Parties are held on Saturdays at 10:30, 12:45, and 3:00, and on Sundays at 12:45 and 3:00, for children 4 and above, between the months of September and June. During July and August, we are not able to schedule parties due to space limitations.
Please be aware that we have a limited number of available party slots that are often completely filled one to two months in advance – book your party early!
To book your party, call the Education Department at (203) 432-3775 or e-mail a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A credit card and non-refundable $50 deposit are required to hold your spot.
More Questions? See our FAQ page